Monday, December 16, 2019

Activism & Agency - Reflection

Activism & Agency – Reflection
During the course of this mission, I learned a great deal about hashtag activism by researching the topic online, reading articles and conducting my own research using TAGS. I learned about the importance of activism in today’s society and what is different these days in comparison to the time before social media in terms of activism. 

Activism is extremely important because without, no injustice would ever be challenged, and it would make the world progressively become worse each day.

Challenges
One of the challenges we faced was that we originally tried to use NodeXL instead of TAGS. NodeXL wasn’t working out for us and we spent too much time trying to get that to work instead of moving on and going with TAGS. 
Another challenge we faced was that we didn’t meet up when creating our presentation so we had used a whatsapp group to coordinate each individual piece that was going into it, making communication a little bit blurred when trying to create it, and files being sent to each other without need etc.
I am also very anxious when it comes to public speaking so leading up to the presentation, I was extremely nervous and trying to fight off a panic attack because I didn’t want to let my team down. During the presentation I was extremely nervous and you could hear it in my voice and my breathing wasn’t normal, so I stuttered and mumbled some of the words.

Evaluation
Overall, I think our group did very well with our project. I was very proud of myself for fighting off the nerves when presenting and completing it. Our slide presentation was very well created, and we were able to discuss the topics from our knowledge instead of reading the information straight from the slides. One thing I think we could have done better was that we focused a little bit too much on the presentation instead of the actual product we were trying to produce which we lost a little bit of marks in but it’s a good lesson for the next time around that we have a project to complete. 



No comments:

Post a Comment