Sunday, December 15, 2019

The Art of the Animated GIF - Reflection

The Art of the Animated GIF - Reflection
Upon undertaking this task I was under the impression that I already had quite a bit of knowledge on GIF's. I was pleasantly surprised when I found out just how little I actually knew about them. 

I began the project by researching and reading articles about GIF’s to get a proper understanding of them before trying to create anything related to them. I wanted to make sure that I had minimum level of knowledge about the topic. 
Challenges
Unfortunately for me, I was set back during this assignment when my colleague in my group dropped out, leaving me without a group to complete the assignment with. I spent nearly 2 weeks attempting to try get into a group so I could complete my work. I was not successful in getting into another group as everyone else was already in one. I then decided to buckle down and just do the assignment myself, which is hard but worth it in the end. 

Working on many different machines proved to be an issue for me as sometimes some things would work on some and not on others. So in the future I think I would try my best to complete all of my work on the same machine to minimise potential setbacks and slowdowns.

Discoveries
Upon completing this assignment I have a learned a vast amount about the GIF and it's history. I figured out what was the best and easiest tool for creating GIF's which I found out as Giphy. 

I also found out that I think I work more effectively in stricter guidelines for projects, as I tend to get overwhelmed with the possibilities of an open choice. I focus a lot easier when I know exactly what needs to be done but then again, if that was the case I wouldn't be broadening my creativity so I feel like this method helps in that sense.

Overall I was actually very proud of how the final product and presentation came out considering the setbacks I had, and I liked my presentation design as I feel it had just enough information for the audience to be able to take away the necessary information without me just reading everything I was saying from the board. I was also very proud of myself for being able to present my presentation as I really struggle with anxiety, especially with public speaking. Even though I was nervous and you could hear it in my voice, I pushed on and completed the presentation which was a big win for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment